Thailand has reported three new cases today, taking total infections to 40, Reuters is reporting, citing Sukhum Kanchanapimai, permanent secretary at the health ministry.
The patients are all Thai nationals. Two had returned from holidays in Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido, and came into contact with the third.
Two of the new patients, all Thai nationals, had returned from vacation in Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido and came into contact with the third.
The AP has released a wrap of the current numbers. There are a total 81,002 confirmed cases around the world, and 2,762 dead.
- Mainland China: 78,064 cases, 2,715 deaths, mostly in Hubei
- South Korea: 1,146 cases, 11 deaths
- Japan: 860 cases, including 691 from a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, 4 deaths
- Italy: 323 cases, 11 deaths
- Iran: 95 cases, 15 deaths
- Singapore: 91 cases
- Hong Kong: 81 cases, 2 deaths
- Thailand: 37 cases
- United States: 57 cases
- Taiwan: 31 cases, 1 death
- Australia: 23 cases